Our “Wild Thoughts” blog page has always been intended as a shared venue for thoughtful commentary. It’s where we post our own updates and essays, and now we invite the public to contribute as well.
Why do YOU love the Adirondack wilderness? What keeps you coming back season after season? What are some of the best experiences you have enjoyed in the backcountry?
As one of our valued supporters, we would love to host your thoughts and share them with the rest of the wilderness community. A variety of topics are welcome:
- Essays on why wilderness is important
- Remembering a specific outing that made a major impact
- Sharing some interesting research relevant to wilderness issues in the Adirondacks
- Noteworthy aspects of the human and natural history of our wild areas
- And more!
All submissions will be considered for publication. We only ask that your work adhere to the following guidelines:
- All work should be original and not previously published in another venue.
- The subject should be on the theme of Adirondack wilderness or the Forest Preserve in general.
- If accepted for publication, Adirondack Wilderness Advocates (AWA) reserves the right to edit the material prior to publication for grammar, spelling, length, and other considerations.
- Upon publication, AWA also reserves the right to promote the work on its website and social media platforms in perpetuity.
- Submissions that do not meet our needs or quality standards may not be selected for publication.
If you are interested in contributing, please submit your work to email@example.com along with a few words about your background. You may also attach an optional “mug shot” of yourself, as well as any original images needed to illustrate your words.
Whether you are an experienced Adirondack writer or an aspiring wordsmith, we would love to hear from you! Please consider making a contribution to our growing community of wilderness commentators by submitting your original written work to us today!
Thank you, and happy writing!