In the second installment of AWA’s “Wild Thoughts Podcast”, Bill Ingersoll, and Pete Nelson discuss the thorny issue of roads in the Adirondack Forest Preserve. This month the Adirondack Park Agency is accepting public comments on the topic of No Material Increase and CP-3 access roads, terms we’re sure are at the tip of everyone’s tongues. For the next 30 minutes or so we will talk about what exactly the APA is asking “we the people,” what these wonky phrases mean, and what’s at stake for wilderness in the Adirondacks.
Links to Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- State Land Master Plan (2019)
- APA’s 2022 “Map Book” showing the documented roads in each Wild Forest
- APA’s March 2023 memo outlining NMI Alternative #4
- Bill’s recent blog post: “A Road is a Road–Any Questions?”
- Pete’s recent blog post: “Protecting Remoteness”
- “Cotton Lake Wilderness”
- Our “Take Action” page on No Material Increase & Wild Forest Roads
This video podcast series is a new undertaking for us, and with your support we hope to grow it into an entertaining and informative resource for all things Adirondack wilderness. Please share your thoughts and feedback, and remember that we are a small grassroots organization with a small budget and big ambitions. If you like what you’ve seen, please consider making a financial contribution using our Donate button. Every bit helps us advance our mission!